As of January 1, 2010, mid-efficient furnaces (those that vent straight up though a metal chimney) are no longer available. This means that not only have the efficiencies changed, but the installation has as well.
Older furnaces burned warm, inside air and vented the exhaust straight up through a metal chimney, usually in tandem with a hot water tank. Today's high-efficient furnaces are a sealed system, drawing the combustion air from (and exhausting its combustion gases to) the outside. With efficiencies approaching 98%, near-complete combustion produces significant amounts of water as a byproduct, requiring PVC venting (rather than metal) that is usually vented out the side of the home.
Your furnace may be one of the most significant investments in your home, and Airtech can help you pick the right one for you. Our new lines of Lennox and TEMPSTAR furnaces provide exceptional comfort and reduce your utility consumption no matter what your budget.
Contact an Airtech Custom Comfort Advisor or click on our Savings Calculator to find out how this investment can help pay for itself.
Things to consider/features: - Reputation/reliability of manufacturer helps ensure trouble-free performance
- Journeymen installers make certain your equipment is installed and operating properly
- Higher Energy Efficiency (AFUE) ratings means greater utility savings
- Rebates, promotions and Government incentives help pay for your investment faster
- DC drive motors use up to 2/3 less electricity than their AC counterparts
- Variable-speed blowers & burners provide quiet, even temperatures and greater comfort
- Warranties can range from 1 year to 20 years or more on heat exchangers
- Regular maintenance is required to keep your warranty valid
- Accessories (ie. filters, thermostats, humidifiers, etc.) are key in getting the most out of your equipment
- Budget range $2,500-$6,000 installed, depending on equipment and installation complexity